photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Can't Stop the Beat!





Fabian and I saw Hairspray on Friday night and both loved it. It was such a fun movie! I was pretty sure I would like it because I've seen the original, but I felt bad making Fabian see it because he absolutely hates musicals. Much to my surprise, he laughed the entire time and said that he really liked it. This was a remake that actually worked!






John Travolta and Michelle Pfeiffer are great in their roles. The rest of the cast does a wonderful job as well, but the true star is newcomer Nikki Blonsky, who plays Tracy Turnblad. She was phenomenal in the role. Much to my surprise, I found out that this is actually her first professional acting job. Before landing the lead in this movie, she was serving up ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. I hope the future holds great things for Nikki.

No comments: