photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Vive La France!

There are so many reasons to love France and French culture… food, fashion, architecture, art, history, FOOD, and the joie de vivre that the French seem to have mastered. The French don’t rush through life. Instead, they savor it and linger through it the way that they linger over a beautiful meal for hours. Here are a few French things that I love:

Food, glorious food. French food is generally delicious and French culinary techniques are the standard of excellence in the culinary world. However, rustic, classic French foods like bouef bourgignon and herbed chicken breast on a crusty baguette are just as good, if not better. My weakness lies in the glorious pastries and croissants.


French Impressionism
Amazing museums: The Musee D'Orsay, Pablo Picasso Museum, and The Louvre





The elegant architecture. Paris is such a beautiful city.



The Chateaux of the Loire Valley and their sometimes romantic and scandalous history. Fashion. First and formeost, Chanel.
The decadance of The Palace of Versailles.
Jacques, the painfully chic French bulldog who is in touch with his feminine side. I'm kidding.


2 comments:

MrsKatherineA said...

I love this post - it made me hungry, and inspired!

Lara said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in love with France!! I'm addicted to the pastries. The chateaux we saw very absoluely beautiful as well! you must come back and visit them! have you seen versailles?