photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, April 28, 2008

Style Icon: Gwyneth Paltrow


It seems like most people either love Gwyneth Paltrow or they love to hate her. I happen to be a fan. Sure, some may think she gives off airs of snobbery. I interpret it as someone who is confident and sure of herself; someone who holds herself to a certain standard. Personality aside, I love many of the style choices she has made.


Wearing a nude gown of silk and voile by one of her favorite designers, Stella McCartney at the 2005 Academy Awards


Chiffon Zac Posen gown at the 2007 Academy Awards

Wearing Valentino, another favorite designer at this year's Fashion Rocks in London




Gwyneth wearing Valentino, with the designer at the 2002 Venice Film Festival



In Balenciaga while pregnant with Moses at the 2006 Golden Globes



Vintage Yves Saint Laurent at the premiere of Running with Scissors in 2006 I absolutely love this dress! I would wear it forever.


Channeling Grace Kelly in a pink Ralph Lauren gown on the night she won her Oscar at the 1999 Academy Awards


Wearing a black button down and Blue Cult's Gwyneth jeans at a Calvin Klein runway show in 2002
I love this casual look. I think her hair was perfect this length.


10 comments:

said...

She looks amazing. I wish I could look as good as her with my hair down like that. I especially like how she looks dressed down in the black top and jeans.

PS. I found you via the Cote de Texas blog. I'm from Houston too but we're in GA now.

Sheri said...

I am definitely a fan, as well. Her style is always so her. She is someone that understands herself and her body and rarely has a misstep.

Sneaky Chic said...

Amen sister! Totally agree, LOVE her!

Erin Gates said...

I love her. She always looks so great, even if it's not something I personally would wear. I totally agree with you about her hair in those stunning shots from 2002. Although I'm kind of digging her new short hair as well. She is just flawless.

I ♥ You said...

I thought the best she ever looked was in that kelly green dress in Great Expectations. She had killer clothes in that movie. Love her.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was a fan of hers before she grew her hair long and parted it in the middle. She just looked sort of blah and lazy about her hair. She looks WAY better with shorter hair and some texture like the last picture when she is wearing the jeans.

I am also not a fan of the Zac Posen gown. I know I may be in the minority, but I think that the color is not flattering and couldn't she do something with her hair?

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of hers at all.

MrsKatherineA said...

My favorite is the last photo - I admit I'm more on the 'not such a fan side' but I always admire her casual style - she does laid back classic so well! And yes - here is the best it ever was!

mrsplainjane said...

She is one of my favorites style wise. I rarely see something that is amiss, and so much of it I would wear in a second if I had access to it! Even that simple button down blouse and jeans look so polished. Great post :)

msnatashabig said...

Watching "Spain, On the Road Again", I was inspired by the beautiful ensembles GP wore. I wanted to see if anyone else found her style as lovely as I did, so I googled her name and this blog came up. I love this blog. I spent two days reading every post and was delighted to see that someone else felt like I did, trapped in the suburbs yearning to live the glamorous life inside The Loop.