photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Style Icon: Reese Witherspoon


I'd like to continue my "Style Icons" series by featuring Reese Witherspoon. While I know that most of us consider people like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelley, Ava Gardner, and Katherine Hepburn to be great style icons, my series will focus on modern style icons.


I think Reese is great because she always exudes class and grace. She doesn't seem affected by the craziness of Hollywood and knows what works for her. Even after unveiling her fabulous post-divorce look in 2007, she proved that in order to look our best, we need to know what works for us. Sure, some people may think she's boring because her clothes may not be as adventurous or avant-garde as those of other celebs, but in my opinion, her style is classic, elegant, and effortless. I strongly identify with her style and would probably wear 99% of her closet's contents if she would let me. I just love a girl who wears as much black as I do!



Some of my favorite evening looks:


Unveiling her new look in Nina Ricci, 2007 Golden Globes


Nina Ricci, 2007 Academy Awards

Nina Ricci, 2008 SAG Awards


Promoting her film, Rendition in 2007


Image from New York Daily News


Reese's Casual Style:


Shopping in New York with a gorgeous Bottega Venetta bag


Running errands in L.A.


White on white, Los Angeles


Preppy casual, shopping in Los Angeles, 2006


Black from Head to Toe

Wearing her beloved Van Cleef & Arpels necklace which she if often photographed in.

More black! This time, in Rome with Jake Gyllenhaal as an accessory.


See Reese dish about her personal style to Elle Magazine:






Images from People.com

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Great video!! She is so darn cute.

Wallflower Diaries said...

I love her! It's hard for us short women to find clothing so she is a great role model.

Things That Inspire said...

Great post! I love her style, and I had not seen most of the casual shots. I adore that Van Cleef & Arpels necklace. Any idea how much it costs??

amy said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Reese!!! I'm even considering naming one of our babies Reese if one's a girl... is that crossing the "fan" line?! :) ha! Great post!

I ♥ You said...

she is the cutest. might i suggest to anyone looking to get Reese bangs to check and make sure you do not have cowlicks on either side of your forehead before snipping. I wish I had someone to advise me of that about 8 months ago! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your choice in Style Icons! Reese just has that understated beauty and I would switch closets with her any day. And I'm with you Paloma -- there is no such thing as too much black.

katiedid said...

She really has alot going for her. I'd say she is in my top ten young actress faves.

Topsy Turvy said...

I agree, she seems so classy!

-Lana

MrsKatherineA said...

I agree - I love her classic american sportwear look. She herself is always more fascinating than what she wears though, that's real style!

Lauren said...

she's the best! i know i'm writing in really late but this post popped up at the bottom of the newest one & i had to chekc it out!!! i LOVE her yellow dress & absolutely adore her "preppy" look with the blue blouse/ white pants/ necklace-- just so easy & comforatble but she still looks awesome.
xoxo