photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, March 16, 2009

Colorful Interiors by Eileen Kathryn Boyd

Eileen Kathryn Boyd's New York Showroom
Eileen Kathryn Boyd is a very successful New York-based designer with an impressive background and twenty years of experience in the business of interior design. What stands out most to me about her designs is her bold, yet impeccable use of color. She reminds me a bit of Amanda Nisbet in the way that she infuses color so masterfully into even the most traditional settings.



Boyd at home with her children

Boyd is perhaps best known for her use of color and helps her clients figure out their color footprint and helps them create a unique color story for their particular project. "She is very aware of geometry and scale, enabling her to get just the right proportions -- resulting in perfect harmony. Perhaps, the best way to recognize Eileen’s magnificent work is to refer to her intricate yet bold use of color. Decorating with color is often the antidote to breathing life into a dark-drab space, and her intriguing interpretations do just that! She is able to effortlessly blend traditional as well as modern elements into a space, further highlighting her inspiring imprint on interior design."

Despite the fact that she does employ some modern or contemporary pieces, what is most striking to me, is the fact that Boyd usually takes very traditional pieces such as gilded French chairs and modernizes them by reupholstering them in fuchsia or turquoise fabric. It is bold choices, such as these that set Boyd apart and have helped to form her eclectic and chic style.


Eileen Kathryn Boyd's Personal Residence:







Boyd has also designed some gorgeous Showhouses. The following are my favorites.
Spring Crush:



Soleil:

Day Dream Believer:

12 comments:

cassandra said...

oh yay! these are some of my favorites that i have filed away somewhere, and have of course completely forgotten about. thank you for posting them !! the orange/pink combo always gets me :)

Hill Country House Girl said...

What talent. Beautiful rooms that look modern but not trendy. Definitely a designer to watch - she is good!!

LindsB said...

I love her work!! Its no secret that I have a love for color, and she does color like no one else!! Thanks for posting some yummy eye candy today- love it!

Mary said...

Great post - thanks for the eye candy.......and I knew you would snap out of your temporary blog blues.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these great photos! I love the play on colors, and the designs look very cozy. I really like the purple and green combination.

Haven and Home said...

This makes me want to add color into my home, sigh.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love Eileen's work as well. All that color. All of her rooms are amazing. Her showroom is only 20 mins away from me. I must make a trip there and bring my camera!

Mrs. Limestone said...

Wow - what great use of color. Thanks for letting us take a peak inside such a beautiful home.

Lauren said...

Love all the color- gorgeous. Love daydream believer!!

Christina said...

what a gorgeous home. the pops of color are amazing and i really like the wall of frames above the cream colored couch.

Anonymous said...

she is such a fab designer! i LOVE her dress in her photo.. i wonder if she would tell us where she got it.

My Notting Hill said...

Love these - hadn't seen them before. Thanks!