photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Style Profile: Brittany Stiles

I recently came across Brittany Stiles’ work on Balustrade & Bitters and was quite taken with her style. Her experiences traveling, studying at FIDM, and working with her Southern California clientele have made Brittany “appreciate all types of design - from traditional to modern; and cottage chic to Asian inspired. Brittany’s designs take what is best and beautiful of these styles and mixes new furnishings with vintage and antique finds, while still keeping the look current and fashionable.” Each space exudes a bit of feminine charm through the use of textiles and color. I love that she mixes different styles of furniture to achieve a polished, eclectic look.

{I love the gorgeous turquoise garden stool and Colleen & Company Tole Tent Lantern in this living room.}

{Brittany manages to make a moody palette feel bright in this room. How great are those pillows?}

{This serene bedroom gets a modern touch through the use of graphic wallpaper. The room is lovely in its simplicity.}

{Brittany has a real knack for mixing patterns. Just notice all the different patterns she used in the upholstery and pillows in this room! They all look great together. This room feels so relaxed and inviting. I love the buttery yellow of the bookcases.}

{This little vignette is fabulous! I absolutely love the chair and the fabric used for the upholstery as well as that gorgeous little end table.}

 

Image Credit: Brittany Stiles

19 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

I love a "mixed pattern" room! I have to have those lilac chairs (or are the powder blue?)...

Christina Elaine said...

Liking the Black and White....

xxx
CEO

extreme personal measures said...

Found you through Isabella & Max blog. Wow! You have exquisite taste. Glad I found you! I am now an avid follower!

Averill said...

I hadn't seen Brittany's work before but I love it! Thanks for the introduction, Paloma.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love the garden stool and that black console. Beautiful.

Have a Happy Easter!

style-for-style said...

love the subtle wall paper

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

everything is so well position and all the details work so well
love it

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Your posts have TOTALLY been hitting the spot lately, danke!

Anne @ The City Sage said...

so lovely! adore all the hollywood regency touches--the bamboo, trellis wallpaper, etc. gorgeous work!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

what a great write up doll! love her style. thanks for the intro
:)

the red bungalow said...

I love all the tufting...I'm actually crazy about tufting. :) Glad I found your blog!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Nancy@marcusdesign said...

I agree with 'the red bungalow', the first thing I noticed was that most of these photos had at least 1 tufted piece! I drool over tufting :)

Coleen Rider said...

I'm so happy you found Brittany. She has a fresh take on design and is destined for great things. I'm also happy that you both are members on the Balustrade & Bitters Encyclopedia where people are connecting like this every day.

p.s. and thanks for the mention of my Tole Tent Lanterns!

sketch42 said...

I love the moody room.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Love her eye. The bedroom is beautiful.

Tiina said...

fabulous rooms, specially the graphic wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

I found out about Brittany Stiles when I signed up for twitter and the name I wanted was already taken by her. Funny how things happen. Her work is so up my alley.

Anonymous said...

Of course she's awesome! She's my niece. I can't begin to tell you all how excited I am to see some of her work. Brit and I live hours apart so I con't get to see her inspiring talent at work. You go girl!!!

Aunt Michelle

homes for sale Philippines said...

Great blog- this looks very professional and very clean. Good luck rolling it out! Love her style too.

Deirdre G