photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Currently Obsessed: February 2014

TV Show: The final episode of the season just aired last night, but I have really enjoyed Ovation's "The Fashion Fund" which follows the 10 finalists in the CFDA Fashion Fund during the four months in which they have to prove themselves for a chance to be named Fashion Fund Designer of the Year. The judges and mentors include Anna Wintour, Diane von Furstenberg, Ken Downing, Jenna Lyons, and last year's winners, Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone. The contestants are designers who have been working in the industry for years and need a little mentoring and a bit of a push to take things to the next level. Among them are the girls from Veronica Beard, Nonoo, Juan Carlos Obando, and Public School. Quite frankly, I enjoyed this more than Project Runway because of the focus on people who have already established brands but are looking towards the future and figuring out how to take things a step further.

Song: "Adore You" by Miley Cyrus-- I don't know whether she's brilliant or out of her mind, but the girl can sing. There's no denying that and the song is really sweet. I just wish I could shake her and say "I know you think you're all grown up at the ripe old age of 20 and want to prove that you're an adult, but you don't have to shock people for the hell of it and resort to some of your antics because you're actually really talented. Let your work speak for itself." But I doubt she'd want to hear my thoughts, so I digress!



Instagrammer: Nathan Turner is just adorable. I have admired his work as an interior designer, curator, and tastemaker for years now and am fortunate to call Nathan a friend. He is beyond talented and has a huge heart. Sometimes, when people reach a certain level of success, they let it go to their heads and start believing the hype. Nathan is one of the most down to earth people I know and makes me feel happy any time I'm around him. I'm glad that he's on Instagram because he shares snapshots of his travels, happenings around L.A., and most importantly, photos of his darling dog, Nacho.

{Angie recently pinned this photo a chic, modern dining room featuring a Lindsey Adelman chandelier.}


Pinterest User: I like a lot of the things that Angie Helm pins. We have similar taste and she often posts fabulous photos of interiors.


Inspiring Designer: I have loved Windsor Smith's work for a long time, but hadn't looked at her portfolio until GOOP sent out that email about Windsor a few weeks ago and I was instantly reminded of why I love her work. Her work is chic, tailored, and beautifully layered and never, ever feels stuffy.
{A Suite at the Ultra-Chic J.K. Capri}


Color: Purple is usually far from my favorite color, but I have been loving really pale shades of purple such as lilac and lavender lately. I am planning to do a client's bedroom in this color scheme and am excited about how beautiful it is turning out. For the record, I still don't like Radiant Orchid.

Inspiring Quote: "Make your passion your paycheck."-- Anonymous 


{Boards for a Client Presentation via my Instagram}

Triumph: I had a client presentation that went so well this week! I knew she would like everything because I really listened to the things she wanted and had a good handle on her style, but was so pleased that she absolutely loved everything. It makes me so excited to see the project come together. This one is going to be SO good!

Excitement: I will be speaking on a panel about the business of blogging at the Design Bloggers Conference in Atlanta on Monday and am so thankful for the opportunity to share some of what I've learned over the past six and a half years as a blogger. Also, I feel like possibility is in the air and the idea of things that are yet to happen is absolutely thrilling.

{Tate Inspecting a Vintage Kilim Rug that arrived from Turkey | Photo via my Instagram}

Greatest Blessing: I feel so lucky everyday because I really love my life. I have a wonderful husband who happens to be my favorite person on earth, the sweetest pup, and even though it feels like I am always working, I love what I do so profoundly that it makes it totally worth it. Sometimes, I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop because I think it isn't normal to be this happy. Don't get me wrong, my life isn't perfect and I certainly have my share of stressors, but overall, I really feel happy most of the time.

{The Kate Somerville Clinic in L.A.}


Guilty Pleasure: I am newly obsessed with Kate Somerville's skincare products. This is not at all sponsored-- I literally can't wait to slather my face in her products morning and night. I plan to do a post on my go-to skincare products soon, so I will be sure to include my favorites from Kate Somervile. I literally want to get on a plane to Los Angeles and spend a day getting treatments at her Melrose Place clinic.

{Fabian and I with our friends, Jeni and Robbie in San Francisco}


Favorite Accessory: I don't know if a coat is technically considered an accessory, but I love the new Ali Ro coated anorak I got at A Bientot. I opted for the long sleeve version and am so glad that I did. I wore the jacket nearly everyday on our trip to Napa and San Francisco because it's lightweight, chic, and goes with nearly everything!

Trip being Planned: I'm heading to Atlanta on Sunday and after that, it will be High Point at the beginning of April for Spring Furniture Market. I'm really excited about seeing new products, shopping for clients, and spending time with friends.

What have you been obsessed with this month?

3 comments:

Rachel Follett said...

Love that dining room! Glad your presentation went well. I am obsessed with monthly subscription boxes this month. I just signed up to Umba and ipsy. Loving it so far. :) http://lovelyclusters.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

Hi Paloma,
Great post! I also love Angie Helm's pins. Great presentation boards! And thanks for all the other info, too. I'm going to the DBC in Atlanta (tho ekthited!) and I really hope that I get to meet you! xo, Laurel

Dan R Morris said...

Sure do wish I could make it to the Atlanta Conference. Would love to see you there.

Dan