photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 25, 2014

Fabulous Room Friday 04.25.14

lily bunn

Thank goodness it’s Friday! I’m happy to report that I finally pulled the trigger and hired an office administrator to handle my bookkeeping and assist with project management. It’s a huge relief and I’m happy to know that someone so competent has joined the Paloma Contreras Design team. In addition to that excitement, it’s been a whirlwind week of accounting details, client meetings, ordering and tracking (so glamorous!), and working on an exciting design project!

lilly bunn2

By the time I realized it was time for me to put together today’s post, I went into a tailspin of panic because this turned out to be one of those weeks where I hadn’t come across a “Fabulous Room” that really resonated with me. Well, thank goodness for House Beautiful! My copy arrived last night and I was delighted to see several features that gave me the boost of inspiration I needed after a long, busy week. Among those features, was the project pictured above. Lilly Bunn was tasked with creating a sophisticated New York apartment for a woman in her 20s and boy, did she ever succeed! I I love Lily’s elevated preppy, colorful aesthetic and this particular living room is no exception. Between a custom, Manhattan-sized sofa, a pair of Bamboo chairs, a grass cloth-swathed Parsons-style coffee table from Bungalow 5 and glossy brown walls in Benjamin Moore Aura Bittersweet Chocolate, Lily is a girl after my own heart. I love each element in the space individually and love them even more in this carefully curated composition. Have a wonderful weekend!

Signature-3

{Image Credit: Maura McEvoy for House Beautiful}

2 comments:

Starla J said...

I'm loving the pop of color!! Beautiful!

designchic said...

I was completely smitten when I opened my copy…it's wonderful!